Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 2 - Play time..

After we got home from construction - we had some free time. I was so tired that I just slept! I woke up at 4:30 to go over to play time...

I brought my camera and all the kids wanted to play with it. I let a couple of kids take pictures - but then all of them wanted to. So, no more. It's easier just to say no.








































You might have guessed that this boy is one of my favorites. His name is Aravind (sp?? or at least that's what it sounds like to me!). He saw me today and said, "CHRISTINE!" - he remembered me from play time the day before. He will hold my hand and tell me to go with him. He's so adorable. I just love him.

After play time - we came back, ate dinner. Red rice, eggs with some kind of spicy sauce, beets and potatoes and a small banana! I was starving and it tasted good!

Then it was time to go back to the dorms for family time - a couple of the girls wanted me to draw for them again. Dave - they would love you here!!! I wish I could draw like you! :)



Mageshwari with the drawing I did for her



Durga with the drawing I did for her!

This is where the kids sleep. On a mat on the floor.




I met a young girl named Trisha today that I asked me if I had gone to the Colony. I told her I did and she wanted to know which one. I couldn't remember the name of it, but I showed her the pictures on my camera and told her it was the one with the art school. She told me that her mother lives there and asked me if I had seen her. "Did you see a lady with a plastic leg?" she asked. "That's my mother". I hadn't seen her. But I told her that when I go back next week, that I would try to find her so that I could say hello.

It helped me put a little more perspective to where these children come from and what it is Rising Star is doing for them. Rising Star is really giving these children a chance for a much better life. I feel very blessed to be here and to be a part of it. These children have touched my heart in the short time that I've been here and we have just started!

Tomorrow we are going with the Medical team. We are going to the hospital in Chennai to help make sure the leprosy patients get the care they need. If no one is with them while they are in the hospital, they will be ignored.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Sirungozhi Rd,,India

No comments:

Post a Comment