Saturday, July 9, 2011

India - The Purpose

We are in India!! This has got to be one of the craziest places I've ever been to. We have done so much in the 3 days I've been here and I will blog about that later. But first I wanted to remind everyone why I am even on this trip.

So far I've been blogging about all the fun things we've been doing and while we are going to take advantage of the fact that we are on this side of the world to ride elephants and see the Taj Mahal, I want to make it clear that that is not my purpose in going on this trip.

My purpose in being here in India is to serve those who are at a severe disadvantage. Those who have been unable to help themselves due to the way India views and treats them.





I know that I will leave with a love for these people and this country. Despite the craziness and dirtiness - this country has a beauty that may take a little more digging to find than others. But just in the couple of days I've been here, I can tell that my love is already growing for these people.



Being among these people is so humbling. And I haven't even seen the worst of it yet. That is mind blowing to me. The way these people live is just unlike anything I have ever seen.



It is heartbreaking to watch children beg for food and money. You want so badly to just give them something, but you know that all that does is encourage them to beg - which is exactly one of the things Rising Star is trying to teach them not to do.




The people here are beautiful and sometimes you feel like you can just look right into their souls through their eyes. Everyone you meet has a story and I can't wait to learn the stories of those we will meet at Rising Star and look into their eyes.


Will I continue to blog about all the fun and interesting things I'm doing here? Yes! Of course. This blog is about my whole experience and a travel blog as well as a Rising Star journal. Seeing the beauty of this country and the other places I will visit is a part of this experience as well.




But always remember that the reason I'm here is not to see the Taj Mahal - but to see the people of India and help those that I can.

This journey is about serving and loving. That's it.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location: Jaipur, India

1 comment:

  1. What a marvellous chance to do something that will count for someone. I wish you the best on this journey and am anxious to hear all about it. We are following your blog with much enthusiasm.
    love Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete