Sunday, July 10, 2011

Delhi Belly

Not only did I not enjoy the day in Varanasi, but the next morning on our way to the airport I was feeling reaaaallly nauseous. Like REALLy nauseous. The taxi ride was making it worse, of course. About half way to the airport, I looked at Myra and said, "I'm going to be sick!" and we both told the driver to stop, "stop, sick, stop". I opened the door while the car was still moving, put my head out the door and let it all go!!!

It was horrible. I felt better for a little while but right before we needed to board, I felt really nauseous again. Thankfully I made it to New Delhi in one piece. We had a long layover so I just found these chairs and slept it off....



Myra was so great. Getting me Gatorade and 7up and carrying my backpack for me when I was too weak to carry it myself.

I'm thinking that it was probably from dehydration and heat rather than something I ate. I need to drink more water. It's really hot and humid here and I haven't been drinking nearly as much as I should!!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment